Sunday, November 13, 2011

Notes from church

As I was sitting in church this morning God's Spirit testified to mine as our pastor spoke of Peter's words in 2 Peter 1:1. We have actually spent the past 6 weeks in 1 Peter 5, focusing on humility, so I am sure that also had some influence on the words that were given to me. I can't remember what the pastor said that triggered it but I do know it had to do with Peter calling himself a servant which actually means slave. Regardless, I wrote it down quickly before it escaped me.

As long as I think I am something, God can not be everything. God can not be everything until I become nothing. BUT GOD is everything in that He specializes in making something out of nothing.

1 Peter 5:6 seems to reinforce those words well.  "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time."

No comments: