Sunday, July 17, 2011

Shut Up, Get Out Of The Way, And Wait


The hardest part of faith is often simply to wait. and, the trouble is, if we don't, then we start to fix the problem ourselves and that makes it worse. We complicate the situation to the point where it takes God much longer to fix it than if we had quietly waited for his working in the first place.

The timing of God is often a mystery to us, and even sometimes a frustration. But we must not give up. We must not try to implement our own ideas and create or arrange our own solutions. Instead we must continue believing and waiting on God. Thankfully we will not be alone as we patiently wait for his answer in his time. We will be joining a great host of saints down through the ages whose faith was tested and purified by waiting for God.

One of  my favorites if not the greatest example is David. He testifies in Psalm 40:1, "I waited patiently for the Lord." Instead of taking matters in his own hands or doubting God would do anything at all, David learned to wait for God to work out his plan in his time. But after awhile, God proved his faithfulness as always, and David continued his testimony by adding,(v. 1&2) "He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." What happened was all glorious but it came only after a time of waiting in faith.

I write these things to remind and encourage myself from the Word of God. I also pray that it encourages and reminds you. Don't give up today and don't give in to the voices of unbelief, discouragement and impatience because those voices are not of our "Comforter", the Holy Spirit, but are from our enemy the liar & the accuser.

1 comment:

Ethan said...

Thing I have trouble with most.