Sunday, April 17, 2011

Why Can't We Walk Straight?

I just stumbled across this video and it spoke to my inner man. This is the story of my life. Without focusing on God I go nowhere and accomplish nothing other than wasting time.

The first 36 years of my life I was walking, swimming, driving blindfolded by my own sin, my own sense of pride and self-sufficiency. Once I finally walked into a big enough tree, swallowed enough water, and ended up at the same starting point over and over again, I realized I needed a focal point...I needed a guide. By the grace of God He removed the blindfold, forgave my sin, and gave me a focal point to follow in his Son Jesus Christ. He gave me a guide in the Holy Spirit. My walk is know much straighter but still all too often I mess up. I look down and focus on my present circumstances, I gaze off in the distance wondering what the future holds, or I focus on my past and stumble over things that should have been long since forgotten. I guess the bottom line is when I begin to focus on me and my circumstances is when I go in circles because I am being self-centered. My world then revolves around me. When I keep my head up, eyes focused on Christ, and submitted to the lead and guidance of the Holy Spirit my walk becomes straight once again. I am so thankful for His mercy and grace.


A Mystery: Why  Can't We Walk Straight? from NPR on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Ethan said...

Interesting. You'd think they'd feel themselves turning in those tight loops.

Unknown said...

Great post.